If you have a Rocketspark store online you will automatically get the shop default search function ability on your site however if you don't have an online shop you may want people to be able to search your whole website (or as well). We currently don't have this functionality built into the Rocketspark website builder however this is something you can achieve via an Elfsight Widget.
How to Add Elfsights Search Bar to my Website
- First, you will need to go to Elfsight's Search Widget here and either log in or sign up.
- Once you’re logged in, the first step would be to confirm your email address. - In your mail inbox, check that you have received a confirmation email and click on “CONFIRM EMAIL”
- Once you click Confirm email It should redirect you to a page that says “Account <your email> has been successfully activated. Click on “Go To Panel”. This should redirect you to the applications page of your account.
- Scroll down or search for the “Search” widget -> Hover over it and click on “Create Widget”.
- On the top left, choose a name for your widget
- Next, double click on the template of the type of search engine that you would like.
- You will then need to fill in the Google Search Engine ID and google API key (there are two links provided which tell you exactly how to get them). Once you have filled out the textboxes, click "save" on the top right.
- You should then be redirected to the different plans page -> Select the one you want.
- Once you have selected your plan Click on “Add to website” and copy the code provided to you.
- Now go to your Rocketspark Dashboard Editor -> Click to Add a block where you would like the search bar widget to appear -> Code Block
- Paste in the Code and click Save.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and then your search bar should appear.
Please note we currently cannot support adding HTML into the header/menu or contact bar area of your site. You will need to add the search bar into a block on your website.