You can register a .au domain with us and connect it with your website only if your company or organisation is registered inside Australia as these domains have different rules than other domains we offer.
.au domain additional information
Because .au domains are intended to be used by registered Australian businesses and organisations, the Australian Domain Name Administrator (auDA) requires that .com.au, .net.au, .org.au domains include specific information in their registration details.
During the domain registration process, the following information will be required:
- Business Type - Select the type that best describes your business or organisation. The options include: Company, Registered Business, Sole Trader, Trademark Owner, and Partnership
- Eligibility ID - Ensure this matches the type of ID you’ll be providing below.
- Entity name - Enter the name of your business or organisation as it appears on your Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN) documents.
- ID - Enter your ABN, ACN, or Eligibility number.
ABN and ACN details
You can look up your ABN or ACN information to ensure it matches the information you provide when registering or updating your domain.
Changing the domain's additional information
The admin details of a .au domain can easily be changed at any time through your dashboard. However, if you need to update your ABN or eligibility details, this is considering updating the domain's legal owner requires a change of ownership. We’ll charge you the current price of a .com.au domain plus taxes. A new period of registration begins when the change is complete and any remaining time on the registration is lost.
Follow these steps to change the domain's additional information:
- Download the Current owner and New owner forms.
- Complete both forms and save them. If you need help filling out the forms, you may find more information here.
- Send both forms to our Customer Success team, let us know your .com.au domain and we’ll reply with the next steps.