If you offer Laybuy on your store and don't have Global Pay enabled, it means your customers can only use Laybuy for payment if their billing details are in the same country as your Laybuy merchant account. This help guide will show you how to enable Laybuy Global Pay in your checkout.
Did you know that regardless of the countries that you ship to, you might have buyers with billing details from anywhere in the world? Even if you only ship products to one country, you might have buyers with billing details other than that country. For example, if someone is buying a gift for a family member in Australia while they are in the UK. The store may only ship to Australia but the buyer is in the UK, sending the order as a gift.
Laybuy Global Pay enables Laybuy account holders in other Laybuy markets to buy from your store with Laybuy. If a store doesn't have Global Pay enabled on their Laybuy merchant account, a buyer from Australia couldn't purchase from a New Zealand online store for example.
Enabling Laybuy Global Pay will allow customers from other markets/currencies to transact through your Laybuy account and settle the payments in your currency. Learn more at the Laybuy website.
How to enable Laybuy Global
You don't need to set anything up yourself - all you need to do is let Laybuy know and they'll enable it for you, meaning your Kiwi, Aussie & British customers will now be able to have the option to check out and pay later with Laybuy (of course - you need to be able to ship to these countries).
- Contact Laybuy to get Global Pay enabled at their end.
- Email email@example.com
- Let them know which regions you want to accept payments from NZ, AU or UK
- Once enabled in Laybuy, tick the box in Rocketspark Dashboard to allow the Laybuy option to appear for customers shipping to other supported countries.
- Go to Dashboard -> Store Settings -> Payment Gateway
- Click Edit Settings on the Laybuy gateway.
- Tick the box
- Click Save
- You have now allowed Laybuy as a checkout option for international customers.