When you already have your products in Rocketspark and are wanting to get TradeGecko connected it is important to follow some extra steps to avoid duplicate products being imported/created in your Rocketspark website.
You might also want a way to get your products from Rocketspark into TradeGecko which can't be done automatically as our sync is one way TradeGecko to Rocketspark. Once you get going with TradeGecko and Rocketspark it's best to add and edit your products in TradeGecko as the central location of your products.
My Products are in Rocketspark but not in TradeGecko yet
When your products are only in Rocketspark you will need to get these set up in TradeGecko so that we can link them up as part of the import process.
It's important that all your products in Rocketspark have unique SKU codes, otherwise the initial import will not know how to match them, and without a match a new duplicate product will be created.
- The first step is to export your products via CSV from Rocketspark.
- Once exported, open the CSV as a spreadsheet (Excel, Google Sheets etc), check the SKU column is unique for each variant. To do this create a Sort & Filter on this column and check for duplicates.
- If a duplicate is found, edit the product in Rocketspark and create a unique SKU for this variant.
- Once you have checked all your SKUs are unique, Export your products to CSV again to get the newest copy.
- If you don't have a TradeGecko account yet, create one here.
- Import your CSV file in to TradeGecko using their Bulk Product Importer.
- Once this is complete, double check the SKU codes look the same in TradeGecko.
- Then complete the steps to connect to TradeGecko and run your initial import.
My Products are in both Rocketspark and TradeGecko
Option 1. Make sure the SKU codes for each variant are unique and are exact matches in both systems. Then run the import process on the TradeGecko page in Rocketspark. We'll match and link your products based on SKU codes. You can use the CSV export options in both systems to cross-check the SKU codes match in a spreadsheet. Any SKUs that exist in TradeGecko and can't be found in Rocketspark will cause a new product to be created in Rocketspark.
Option 2. Delete all your products from Rocketspark and then run the import. If you have large numbers of products in Rocketspark please contact support and we can arrange for a bulk delete. Be aware that any special web-only settings will be removed with this option like Rocketspark uploaded images, related products, shipping rates etc. Please be extra careful when deciding to choose this option.
My Products are in TradeGecko but not in Rocketspark yet
If your products are only in TradeGecko and you don't have any products setup in Rocketspark then you are safe to simply start the import as described on our How to Link TradeGecko guide.
Any products that exist in Rocketspark will remain, but it can be easier to identify and clear them out before you run the import.