TradeGecko is a cloud commerce platform that lets merchants manage their inventory and orders across multiple locations and sales channels from a central location, seamlessly integrating the supply chain from order through to fulfillment, while providing access to comprehensive reporting.
Connecting your Rocketspark store with TradeGecko will help streamline time-consuming manual processes and open up new sales channels like a custom wholesale ecommerce portal, and markeplaces like Amazon, Ebay and Etsy.
|TradeGecko integration is currently in a beta release. If you'd like to join our beta release programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org for early access.|
- Import & Sync products from TradeGecko to Rocketspark (one-way).
- Orders on Rocketspark automatically push to TradeGecko.
- Orders automatically marked as paid in TradeGecko when paid at Rocketspark.
- Orders automatically marked as shipped in Rocketspark when fulfilled in TradeGecko.
Step 1. Sign up to TradeGecko
If you haven't got a TradeGecko account already, please follow the steps below to create an account. If you already have a TradeGecko account, jump down to Step 2 below.
- Try TradeGecko by starting a free trial.
- Follow the steps to get your TradeGecko account configured. You might find the TradeGecko knowledge base helpful for this.
Step 2. Connecting to TradeGecko
Connect your Rocketspark account to TradeGecko to import and sync your products and orders.
- Navigate to your Store Settings and find the TradeGecko Settings on the left hand menu.
- Once there, click on the blue Connect to TradeGecko button
- At the next step your browser will be redirected to TradeGecko. If you aren't already logged in to TradeGecko then you will need to login first. Once logged in you will be presented with an option to authorize Rocketspark to access your TradeGecko account.
- Click the Authorize button to continue. You'll be redirected back to Rocketspark once authorized.
- Once connected, you'll be able to configure the Order Settings, these settings are used when pushing orders to TradeGecko.
Tax Settings: If you haven't set up your Shipping Countries you might want to do this now, there will be a link to do this if there are none setup yet, as we need to link your TradeGecko tax rates to your shipping countries. The options in the drop down are pulled from the TradeGecko tax settings area.
Currency Settings: Please choose the currency you would like your orders to be pushed in to TradeGecko with. (This should match your Rocketspark store currency set under Currency Details).
- The Product Sync settings control how your product details are imported to Rocketspark.
Stock location: The TradeGecko location to pull the stock levels from. This will sync the Available Stock.
Price list: Choose which TradeGecko price list to pull the pricing information from.
Tag syncing: Choose to Sync all products or only products that have a specific tag assigned to them in TradeGecko. (In the screenshot below, I have created a tag called "Online" and I'm only importing products from TradeGecko which have this tag.)
Product Details: Selectively choose which details are imported in from TradeGecko and override what is set in Rocketspark products. For newly created products that originated in TradeGecko we will import all details the first time. Fields that are ticked here will not be editable in Rocketspark and all changes in TradeGecko will overwrite/update what is in Rocketspark. However, if any images are uploaded at any stage to Rocketspark, the sync will not remove them from Rocketspark. Images can also be re-ordered on Rocketspark independently of TradeGecko.
(In the screenshot below, I've chosen to re-write my own product titles in Rocketspark to be more customer friendly and SEO optimised than how they are written for our inventory system, I'm also uploading different web-only pictures in to Rocketspark and don't want these being overridden from TradeGecko.).
Step 3, Import products from TradeGecko
I already have products in Rocketspark?
If you already have products in Rocketspark please review our guide here before continuing to avoid any issues with duplicate products being created.
I'm ready to import products from TradeGecko
Clicking the "Import products from TradeGecko" button will import your products from TradeGecko in to Rocketspark. If you have already run the import before, you can manually re-import at any time and it will simply update the products.
Note: Once imported we'll keep your products in-sync, typically updated every hour. You can also manually update an individual product by editing the product in Rocketspark you will then find a "Sync" button to update on-demand.
- Once the import starts, a progress report will appear in the Product sync bar. It can take a minute or two to start importing. You can navigate away and come back to this page to check on the progress.
- When the import is completed, click View products to jump to the store area and check they have imported correctly.
- Pro-tip: If you haven't created a page to go to your Store, this can be done at the Manage Pages area of Dashboard.
Success! You are now linked to TradeGecko
Congratulations you've now successfully connected to TradeGecko and imported your products. Changes to your products in TradeGecko will be reflected on Rocketspark. When new orders are made on Rocketspark they will automatically appear in TradeGecko.
You might still have some questions about the integration, please find the following guides which go in to a bit more detail: