When handing over a business to another person or taking over a business from another person there are a few things you will need to give to the new owners and a few instructions to help them get started:
- Ask the customer taking over the business/website to ask the previous owner for the login details to Rocketspark Dashboard.
- Once the customer can login to Rocketspark, they need to change their account details including their password, billing email address, payment method, etc.
To change their account details:
- Open the My Account page.
- In the My Account page:
- To edit account details such as name, organisation, email address, phone number, mobile number and address, click on the Edit Account Detailsbutton.
- To change their password, click on the Change Password button. Here is a guide step-by-step guide on how customers can change their website password.
- To change the billing details, such as the website plan and payment method, they can do this by clicking on the corresponding links found in the Billing Details area.
- Make sure to check the invoice, and make changes if necessary. If there is an outstanding invoice, then this needs to be paid by the customer to avoid website shutdown. Details about the outstanding invoice must be emailed to the customer's new billing email address. If they want to update their payment details such as their credit card details, then they can follow this guide.
- If there is an existing email address, decide on how to deal with it.
- The easiest option is to let the customer continue paying for the email address at Rocketspark and set up an email forward to another email address the customer wants the incoming emails to be sent to. Here is a guide on how to set up email forwards.
- The other option is to contact the company that hosts the email to sort it out. Assuming this is an option, there will be new MX and TXT records that will need to be configured on the customer's domain. If the customer needs email migration to transfer their email history to the provider, then Rocketspark can do this for them - get in touch for a quote.
- Change domain registrar contacts. If your domain is with Rocketspark, this can be done in the Domain Names section.