Rocketspark's form builder is a great way to build your own custom forms. Collect contact enquiries, sign up information and much more with your own customised form. This help guide will show you how to create a new form using our form builder.
On successful submission choose where your visitor is directed, either show a message, redirect to a page or external website. Track submissions with your own custom tracking codes. And receive the form results to your preferred email address.
How to create a form
- Log in to your Rocketspark dashboard. If you are unsure of how to do this then follow our login guide here.
- Click on the My Forms link to the left of your dashboard on the home screen.
- On the form builder screen, you have the option to create a new form or to edit/delete your previously created forms. Click on the "Create a new form" button. This will bring up the Form Builder in which you can create response forms to your liking.
- By default all forms send responses to the email associated with your Rocketspark account, you can change this or add additional emails to receive responses by typing in your desired email into the 'Email form enquires to' field. Simply type in your email and hit the return key to add it.
- To add a field to your form click on the "Add form field" button. This will bring up a popup in which you can select the input type and create a label for the field.
Form field types:
Name: The name of a person.
Email: Correctly formatted email address field.
Phone: Phone number.
Text Field: Single-line text input, good for brief answers.
Text Box: Multiple lines expanding text input, good for long answers.
Dropdown: You choose what goes in the dropdown and the visitor selects one of the options.
Checkbox: Good for yes/no type answers, or agreeing to a newsletter signup.
- To make a section required to be filled in, click on the "Required" checkbox to the right of the field types. To order the position of the fields, click on the arrow under the 'order' label and drag it into the desired position.
- To change the button text that sends the form, click on the drop-down underneath the 'Send form button text' label. You can change the text to one of the prebuilt options or you can enter your own custom text.
- To choose what happens when the form has been completed click on the drop-down under the 'Confirmation message ...' label. Choose one of the options. You can either show a completion message or you can redirect the customer/visitor to a different page on your website or a completely different external website URL.
- Once you are finished creating your form click the "Save Changes" button and your form will be saved in your forms section of your dashboard.