Sometimes, you want to give your customers an easy search by linking a menu item directly to a product section in your shop, i.e., a specific product category/tag/brand. You can do this through the page redirect feature in your Rocketspark Dashboard -> Manage Pages section.
For example, what are the steps if you have a menu item “BABY” that you want to link to the corresponding Baby category in your shop?
Here are the specific steps:
- Go to Manage Pages section in your dashboard.
- Navigate to the menu item that you want to set up the redirect. Click the pencil icon before the page name.
- A popup will appear, select “Goes to a category” (if you want to link the page to a specific category) or “Goes to a brand” (if you want to link the page to a specific brand). Once selected a drop-down will appear where you can now search/select the category/brand you want to link to. Then click "Save".
- All done. Now when someone visits “BABY” in the menu, they will be redirected to the Baby product category section in the shop.
What can the redirect editor NOT do?
- You CANNOT rename the shop/filter/category/brand page URLs by using the URL editor. For example you can't change the URL “/shop/#category=1234” to “/shop/product-category” as these store URLs are locked as a core part of the system right now.
- Alternatively, you could consider creating some landing pages named after the product categories or brands to guide your customers to a particular section of the shop. In this way, you can get a better SEO for your product categories/brands and give your customers an easier search experience while browsing in your shop - How to create landing pages in Rocketspark?