With all parts of the world becoming more globally accessible through the internet, there are times when websites need to be displayed in multiple languages. To make your own multi-language site, follow the instructions below:
- Start a new Rocketspark website trial (or contact us for a free site content duplication - this doesn't include the design, shop or blog), match the design of your first language website and then get all the translated text content and add it to your second website.
- Get a sub-domain set up (Example: cn.yourdomain.com) with your domain name provider or in your Rocketspark domain names section inside your dashboard if your domain name is hosted by Rocketspark.
- Let Rocketspark Support know what the sub-domain is and we will add it to the new site's account.
- To link the sites together add a menu item and set it to go to your subdomain (e.g. cn.yourdomain.com). Alternatively, if you are wanting language flags on the website where people can choose which language they are viewing (Such as on the Waikato Bloodstock site), there will be a charge for adding these to both websites. Contact Rocketspark support for a quote.
- Upgrade your second language site and go live. Rocketspark will provide you with a 50% discount for your second language site subscription.