It’s possible that your online shop could be visited from overseas internet users. That means setting the currency type—and displaying that clearly to visitors—is paramount. To set up your shop currency you will need to do this as per the instructions below:
- Log into your dashboard and click the gear icon beside Shop, then click into Currency Details
- Click on the drop-down menu under Shop Currency and select your the currency you wish to you use for your online shop.
Note: Only one currency is used for transactions in your shop. But customers with a credit card using a different currency can still purchase from you. The amount charged to their card will be at the current exchange rate plus any international fees set by the customer’s credit card company.
- Type into the Currency Description box the description for the currency used as you wish it to appear on your website. This is an important detail due to potential international customers that your shop could attract; it is important to inform them of currency and sales tax details. The text you enter here will appear near the footer of your shop page.
- Price Comparison Labels are enabled by default. If you wish to turn price comparisons off, untick the box that says Enable price comparison label. Price Comparison Labels are ideal for retailers that run specials but note that these labels will only appear for products that do not have variants enabled and for which a comparison price has been entered.
- If you have opted to leave Price Comparison Labels on, type into the box the phrase you want to indicate the price comparison e.g., “Why Pay”, “RRP”, or “elsewhere”).