At Rocketspark we take measures to ensure that your website is backed up and your data is safe. You can read the following article to know how we do that: Rocketspark hosting - How we keep your data safe. Because we take care of that on our end, you don't need to worry about backing up your site at all.
However, if you do wish to have a copy of your website design, images, products etc., there are steps you can take to backup up content to your device. Please note, Rocketspark does not have a file downloader as Rocketspark is a proprietary CMS, so this will be a manual process.
If you do not have images saved to your device from your website, you can save these images by right-clicking an image and selecting "Save image as"
One integration you can use to streamline the downloads of your images is Imageye. This is a Chrome extension that you can add to your browser.
- First, download the extension to your browser - Click here.
- Next head to your website and chose the page you wish to download images
- Click the puzzle piece in the top right corner of your search engine to access Imageye
- Choose to download all images or only a selection
To save a full copy of your website design, you can do this by using the Chrome extension GoFullPage. Please note, this extension is only creating a static image of each page.
- First download the extension to your browser - Click here
- Next head to your website and chose the page you wish to save.
- Click the puzzle piece in the top right corner of your search engine to access GoFullPage.
- The extension will process the page and give you an option to download this capture.
Another good aspect you may want to back up is information on your brand colours and text throughout the website. You can get this information in the back end of your Rocketspark website by going into the site-wide heading and paragraph settings.
You can also use the Chrome extension WhatFont to identify the font used.
Text and Blog posts
If you have text and Blog posts on your website that you would like a copy of, it would be best to copy the text onto a document. For example, you can use a Word or Google Document to paste in all of the text from your website. This will be a manual process.
PDF Files and Links
You may also have links on your website which will be good to save. Go through your website to check if there are any links that take you away from your Rocketspark website and copy these links into a document. This will be helpful if you have any booking systems within a separate platform, for example.
If you have PDF files on your website, you can download these files. Simply click on the link to view the PDF and click "Download" to save this to your device.
If you have a store on your website, it may be good to have a backup of the data. Please note, you will need to be on the e-commerce grow
- To download all of the product information, you can use our CSV exporter to download this content to your device. How to export a list of products to a CSV file
- To download any past orders to have a record of this, you can use our order exporter: How do I export a list of orders to CSV?
SEO is another factor to consider with your website. To view your current SEO on your Rocketspark website, you can go to the settings Get Found SEO. If needed, you can copy any code that you have within these settings and paste this into a document. You may also want to copy or take screenshots of any title and description meta tags.
If your domain/s is hosted with Rocketspark, it is recommended to take a screenshot or copy all of the DNS records. This is to ensure that you have a record on hand if you were to transfer your domain away from Rocketspark.
If your doamin/s is self-hosted, you will need to reach out to your domain provider to take a screenshot of your DNS records.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com so we can further help.