A Rocketspark members-only website has all the features of Rocketspark’s website builder but the website content is only seen when members log in using their own email address and password.
The members-only website is actually a separate password-protected website located at a subdomain of your domain name such as members.yourwebsitename.com. Visitors can click a button on your main website that takes them to the Private Login site where they can log in with their own email address and password.
Getting set up
- Start a 30 day trial at www.rocketspark.com. Please note that the email address you use to register your account can’t be used with another Rocketspark website.
- Create your website using all the standard website builder functionality.
- Contact us to get the member login functionality enabled on the website. When your private site is used in conjunction with a standard Rocketspark website we’ll provide you with a 50% discount code to use when you upgrade your website.
- Contact us to let us know what you would like your subdomain to be (Example: members.yourwebsitename.com).
- Upgrade your website and set your site online.
- Visitors to your members-only website will see a login page and they can click create an account to register to obtain access.
- The website administrator will receive an email to say that you’ve received a new registration request.
- Log into your website dashboard
- Go to editor
- Click Manage Users in the footer of your website
- Search for the user to activate and go into their details and click the Active checkbox.
Hot tip: If you don’t enter any search details and tick the Deactivated Users checkbox you will see a list of all inactive users. You can also manually add, delete or edit users.
Manually Adding Users
- Log into your website dashboard - making sure it's your member's area and not your main website's login details.
- Go to Editor.
- Click Manage Users in the footer of your website.
- Click on Add User.
- Fill our all the requested information on the form - including making sure the Active tickbox is ticked.
- Click Add.
- If you have more clients to add, click Back to User Management and repeat the process.
Other tips for the members-only Rocketspark website
- You can create links in the form of text or buttons from your main site to your members-only site.
- If you’d like a login menu link on your main site please add a login button to the main menu on your main site and contact us to create a redirect for you. Similarly, you might like to get us to set up a Home menu button on your members-only site so that members can easily return to your main site.
- If you’d like to create a logout button you can create a link with the following address but replace the text in bold with your members-only website domain or subdomain name. http://yoursubdomain/page/scripts/user_logout.php
Members Area Features
What is Private Login?
Create a website that only members can access. The members website has all the features of Rocketspark’s website builder but the website content is only seen when members log in using their own email address and password.
In unison with your main website
The Private Login website can be set up at a subdomain of your domain name. Visitors can click a button on your main website that takes them to the Private Login site where they can log in with their own email address and password.
Create and moderate member access
Members can sign up to request an account. This sends you an email so you can verify that you want to grant them access to the Private Login area. You can also manually add members to give them access and remove member access.
Wholesale ecommerce selling
Rocketspark Private Login is great for wholesalers wanting to offer a purchasing area for their stockists. Your customers can log in and view wholesale pricing that isn’t made public to anyone else. This also connects with Xero and Vend.
Email Marketing Integration
Integrate your Private login database with your Campaign Monitor account. Automatically add new member signups to an email marketing list with welcome messages. Contact Rocketspark Support for further setup instructions.
Is it mobile optimised?
Yes, your Private Login website will be optimised for viewing on smartphones.
Can I offer discount codes to buyers?
Discount code functionality is built in as a standard feature of Rocketspark Ecommerce.
Can I offer a direct credit payment option?
Yes, you can offer direct credit payment so wholesale buyers can pay on invoice.
Can I offer a card payment option?
Accept card purchases from wholesalers using Stripe, Paypal, eWay or Windcave (Payment Express).
Can I offer different pricing for some users?
Not as specified pricing but you can provide a $ or % discount code for specific customers.
Can I offer personalised content for users?
No, everyone has access to the same content once logged in to the Private Login area.
Some examples of Members Area Websites
- Brabham Digital use Rocketspark for members' only content
- See how Master Painters link their members to their private log in area with a button on the page: www.masterpainters.co.nz
- Parking Sense has a private distributor log in area: www.parkingsense.com. We did a small customisation project to add the login button into their header.