This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your Netregistry account:
- Log into your user account. http://www.netregistry.com.au/
- Click Manage the domain that you wish to change the DNS settings for.
- Click cPanel
- Click onto the Advanced DNS zone editor icon, here you are able to change the DNS records.
- Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our Australian server.
- To edit the MX records return to the cPanel and click on the MX Entry icon, from here you can add or update the MX records for the domain.
You need two MX records:
mx1.emailsrvr.com, priority 10
mx2.emailsrvr.com, priority 20
NOTE: Click the checkbox labelled Is host fully qualified.
- Once these settings have been changed you have successfully updated the DNS settings for your domain. These changes may take 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or needs further assistance, please contact the support team at NetRegistry. They will be able to make these changes for you.