With Rocketspark's store you are able to add multiple shipping rate Sub Regions under each country that you have specified you are selling to.
This is useful if you need to charge different freight rates within a country, region or city.
For example you might want to add Sub Regions for each Territory, County, State or Province within a Country as your freight expenses vary depending on which Sub Region an item is shipped too.
Note: For New Zealand stores we automatically setup the North Island and South Island as sub regions when New Zealand is added to your shipping countries as it's common to charge slightly differently between these two locations.
Common use cases:
- Regional shipping rates
- City or Suburb level shipping rates
- Rural Delivery options
- Free shipping within your home town
If you haven't setup any shipping rates yet you might found our Setting up Shipping rates guide the best place to start.
How to add / edit a regional shipping rate:
- Login to your Rocketspark dashboard. If you are unsure of how to do this then follow our login guide here.
- Go to Shop Settings, on the left-hand side click on the settings cog to the right of the Store label.
- On the left-hand side menu, click on the Shipping button. This will bring you to the page where you can manage all of your shipping options.
- Here you are presented with all of the shipping options available to you. You can add new countries, sub-regions, different shipping rates as well as pickup locations. You can also edit your default shipping message and lots more.
- To add a new country to your shipping list, first, click on the drop-down menu under the "Add shipping country" label. This will bring up the country selector in which you can choose from to add to your shipping destinations. Once you have selected your desired country then click Add Country.
In the example below, I've just added Jamaica.
This will then take you to the shipping rates for the new country in which you can edit. You can also choose which country you are editing rates for by clicking on different countries on the right hand list labeled "Your shipping countries".
- To add a sub-region click on the Add Sub Region button. This will then bring up a popup. You can then choose what you want the sub-region to be called (e.g. "City Centre"). Once you have typed in the desired name, click on Add Region and your sub-region will get added to that country that you have selected.
- You can also rename the label of existing Sub Regions or Remove sub regions by clicking the edit pencil or trash icon next to each Region label. If a Region has a blank label there will be an option to create a label, but this is not required.
In order to change shipping rates follow our Setting up Shipping rates guide here.
Setting up Shipping rates
Change order of shipping countries
About our shipping
About the shipping field