You have the option to cancel an order from your order history in your Rocketspark dashboard, which can be useful when you need to cancel a test order or when your customers have requested to cancel the order.
This help guide will walk you through how to cancel an order and how to restore a previously cancelled order.
NOTE: If your website is connected to Xero an invoice would have been generated in Xero and we recommend that you discuss with your accountant how best to treat these invoices as often you can't simply delete an invoice as the tax department needs to be able to check all invoice numbers.
How can I cancel an order from my order history?
- In your Dashboard, go to your Store settings by clicking on the setting gear next to Store.
- In Orders, find the order you want to cancel.
- Click on the pencil next to the order.
- Click the Cancel Order button down the bottom of the screen.
- You'll see a pop up containing things for you to check before you cancel the order. Click on the Yes, cancel order button.
Note: The checklist is generated from your store settings so what you'll see may look different from the screenshot.
- When you go back to Orders, you'll see a line through the order you just cancelled.
Note: The updated monetary amount will appear in your Sales Stats, but not in Orders.
Can I refund a cancelled order?
In the event that a customer needs to be refunded, you will need to do this manually via the payment gateway the customer used to pay for the order.
Can I restore a cancelled order?
You can easily restore a cancelled order.
- In your Dashboard, go to your Store settings by clicking on the setting cog next to Store.
- In Orders, find the order you cancelled before.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the cancelled order you wish to restore (you'll know it was previously cancelled because there is a strikethrough line through the order).
- Click on the Restore order button to restore that order.