Product tags are terms added to an item in your shop to help customers filter through your product list. The product tags are added as a filter on the left hand side of the shop homepage to allow a customer to quickly look at one or many filters at once.
Categories and brands can also be added to products to allow customers to filter your shop by more options and get a more relevant result.
- Login to your dashboard using your login details.
- Click the Shop button on the lefthand side to get to where your products are displayed.
- Find the product(s) that you are looking to place a new filter, brand or category on.
- Click to Edit the product using the pencil icon and scroll down until you see the headings Category, Brand and Product Tags.
- For Categories and Product Brand click the dropdown list. This will display any options already created and has the ability to add more. Select the category and brand accordingly or add in a new one if needed. If you wish to remove the category or brand, select the empty row in the drop down list.
- For Product Tags type in the filter(s) (Multiple can be added to one product) that apply to that product. After entering a product tag click the Add button before adding the next. If you wish to delete a tag click the X button next to it.
For more information about Product Tags, check out this support guide here.
- The categories, brands and product tags are then displayed on the left hand side of main shop page to filter search results.
- If you would like to remove or edit a tag from the left hand side search but not the product itself, hover over the option you wish to do this to and a small X and pencil icon will appear. Click the X to remove the tag or the pencil icon to edit it. Removed tags can be retrieved using the show tags option.
How do shop filters work on mobile?
Different from what it looks like on desktop, you will see an expanding filters area on your mobile shop once you've added product tags, brands, and categories to your shop.
It is easy for mobile shoppers to find any combination of category, tags and brands through the filter and fast navigate to the product they are looking for.
Also, hit the cross or CLEAR FILTERS to reset the filter to show all categories, tags or brands.