This is the place where you will find customers orders who have entered their details but have then either decided to not continue with the payment (abandoned at the payment gateway) or the payment was unsuccessful. Sometimes the payment gateway (Paypal, eWay) might not notify Rocketspark of a successful payment which leaves them in the unpaid area, in this case the payment gateway may not be configured correctly.
Why was I not notified of payment?
Run through our Payment received, but order not showing as paid guide.
View unpaid orders:
- To view these order details. Once you have logged in to your Dashboard using your login details click into the shop settings cog.
- On the left hand menu click the option “Orders”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “View unpaid orders & abandoned baskets” to view these other orders.
- Displayed are the orders that customers have placed but haven’t continued to the payment area of the checkout. Or the payment was incomplete or not assigned.
Mark an unpaid orders as paid:
Displayed are the orders that customers have placed but haven’t continued to the payment area of the checkout, the payment was incomplete, not assigned, or Rocketspark wasn’t told the payment was complete. If you have in fact receive payment, you can mark the order as paid by clicking the paid checkbox. You can then process this order like a normal order.
Note: If you mark and order as paid from the Abandoned Cart area make sure to adjust your stock levels manually as this won't automatically reduce your stock.
What to do if you noticed a large number of unpaid orders.
There could be a number of factors that are causing your customers not to complete their purchase.
- Firstly check the process works, put through a live sale on your Credit Card and then refund yourself to make sure the complete process is working.
- Usability & Trust. Payment gateways like Windcave (Payment Express) allow you to customise the Hosted Payment page. Make sure this page has your logo installed on it. If it looks like a foreign site customers may not be likely to enter their Card details and may be exiting the checkout process at this point.
- Fail Proof Notifications, If you are working with Windcave (Payment Expres) please make sure Fail Proof Notifications are turned on so that even if the customer doesn’t navigate back to Rocketspark we know about the payment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- eWay currently requires the customer to navigate back to Rocketspark to alert us of the successful transaction. We are working on a more full proof notification method with eWay.
- If you're receiving successful payments but aren't being notified by Rocketspark run through our checklists here. Payment received, but order not showing as paid
If you are receiving lots of abandoned cart orders you can set up a Mailchimp automated email to be sent out to customers who have abandoned their carts - this way you can try to entice them back. Take a look at out blog article on why setting up a abandoned cart email is so important: Abandonded cart emails.