When you first set up your online store you will need to set up a method so that customers can make a payment, we have multiple options to choose from, setting up a bank deposit or direct credit option is just one of them. Below you will find out more information on bank deposits and Direct credit payments and how to set these up.
About Bank Deposit payments
The Bank Deposit (aka Direct Credit) payment option allows shoppers to make payment via their online banking, without a credit card. This allows shoppers who don't have a credit card (or don't have funds available on their credit card) to still buy from your shop.
Even if you already have credit card payment option enabled, it's often a good idea to allow bank deposit payments as well as credit card payments to give shoppers more choice on how they pay.
When a bank deposit order is placed - the shopper is given a bank account number to make the payment to and a reference number to include when making payment. This is so you can identify the payment on the bank statement.
The bank deposit payment option is very easy to setup, and there are no additional fees - although you will need to allow for a little extra admin time to check that payment has been received before shipping the order.
Enabling bank deposit payments
- Go to Rocketspark Dashboard -> Manage Store -> Payment gateways.
- Select Bank Deposit and click “Edit Settings”.
- In the “Bank Number” field, type in your bank account number.
- In the “Deposit Message” field, either keep the default message provided or edit the message/instructions you want to give your customers.
- If you modify the default message, use the placeholders provided ([amount], [account], [order ID]) to ensure that the details for each order are included in the message.
- Click the “Save Changes” button.
- Enable Bank Deposit payments by changing the toggle from red to green.