You can set up PayPal as a payment gateway for your customers to choose from, this help guide will show you how you can set this up:
New Zealand pricing: https://www.paypal.com/nz/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
United Kingdom pricing: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
Australia pricing: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
PayPal is a very large and popular payment method, used by millions of websites and customers. Because there is no direct connection to the bank with Paypal, the setup process is simplified and you can be set up and taking payments within 10 minutes. Unlike most credit card gateways, you will need to manually transfer any money you receive via Paypal to your bank account. This will take around 3-5 working days for the payment to arrive, and while this process isn't automatic, it's quick and easy to do.
Paypal's no-monthly-fees pricing model has traditionally appealed to small businesses, though other payment gateways are now very price competitive in this regard.
PayPal allows shoppers to pay using either PayPal funds or credit card. Our biggest complaint about PayPal is that the user interface can be a little confusing to some shoppers, and you may find some shoppers abandon their PayPal shopping cart more often than with other gateways.
Some larger shops choose to use PayPal in addition to another credit card gateway, to allow customers more choice in their payment method.
Setting up PayPal
- Setup a new Paypal account - the service you need is called “Website payments standard”. Please note that the primary PayPal email address and your website log in email address must match for Paypal to work correctly.
- The signup URL differs depending on your region...
- NZ Signup form
- UK Signup form
- AU Signup form
- International Signup form
For our guide on how to set up a new PayPal business account click here.
- Once you have completed the Paypal Registration process go to your Rocketspark Dashboard page. (E.g. www.mywebsite.com/dashboard) and navigate to the Dashboard -> Shop Settings -> Payment Gateway section.
- Log in to PayPal and enable Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instructions on how to do this here (http://support.rocketspark.co.nz/customer/portal/articles/583969). This is necessary for connecting PayPal and Rocketspark.
- Find your Payment Data Transfer (PDT) token at Paypal. Instructions on how to do this here (http://support.rocketspark.co.nz/customer/portal/articles/1120545-how-to-set-up-payment-data-transfer-pdt-). This is necessary for connecting PayPal and Rocketspark.
- Go to Rocketspark (Dashboard -> Shop settings -> Payment gateways) and enter your Paypal email (the email you used to signup with) and your PDT token. And click Save Changes.
- Enable Paypal by changing the toggle from red to green.