You can add dropdown menu/s to your Rocketspark website, this is super handy for ecommerce for directing customers around a large website or for any businesses who offer multiple services.
However we do suggest using this feature sparingly. Why? For non-savvy visitors, dropdown menus can be awkward and frustrating to use and in some cases the more pages you have in your menu structure, the harder it is for visitors to quickly scan for the information they're looking for.
Adding a dropdown menu
1.Go to your dashboard and click Manage Pages in the left hand menu.
2. Select Add dropdown menu to the right of your window
3. Click on the menu tab you would like to add a dropdown menu to. In this case, I'd like to add a dropdown menu to my SHOP tab (for the purpose of helping customers get to what they're shopping for, faster).
4. Click on Add page to dropdown, choose the page you would like to add to your dropdown menu. In this case I'd like to add my TOPS page first, so this will appear first under SHOP in my dropdown menu.
5. To add more pages to your dropdown menu, continue to select Add page to dropdown, and select each page one at a time, in the order of appearance.
6. Once you've finished adding your page links to your dropdown menu, you can rearrange the order of your pages by pulling the arrows either up or down to suit. Save your changes.
NOTE: You can go back and edit this menu by simply going back to Manage Pages, a new EDIT DROPDOWN button will appear alongside the menu page you have previously added a dropdown menu to.
Changing your dropdown menu's design
Once you've added a dropdown menu, an option will appear in Manage Pages with a link to allow you to change the look and feel of your menu design.
1. Click on the 3 dots to Change dropdown design.
The Logo & Menu tab in CHANGE DESIGN>SITEWIDE DESIGN SETTINGS will open by default.
2. Under the Dropdown Menus heading you're able to change the background colour of the dropdown box and also the text colour of your dropdown menu page names.
3. Save your changes when you've finished editing.
Adding a dropdown menu link to your shop's category/filter or brand?
See our help guide on how to link a menu item to a shop category/tag/brand. Then use this help guide to link your subpages to a main menu item in a dropdown.
Other menu options available on Rocketspark
Sticky menus - a good option for navigating long pages
You might find that you would like a sub menu near the top of the page if your page is very long for instance. As you scroll, a sticky menu stays stuck at the top of the window and as you scroll past each section on the page, it highlights which section you’ve scrolled to. You can also click on any of the options in the sticky menu and it will smoothly slide you to that specific section.
Sticky menus are an optional extra feature and require some design customisation to best work with your site. Contact us if you would like a quote on getting a sticky menu set up on your website.
Mega dropdown menu
Pure and Wholesome use a mega dropdown menu which pulls in categories, brands and more from their shop. Contact us if you would like a quote on getting a Mega menu set up on your website.