You can add dropdown menu/s to your Rocketspark website, this is super handy for e-commerce websites as it directs customers around a large website or if you have a business that offers multiple services.
However, we do suggest using this feature sparingly. Why? For non-savvy visitors, dropdown menus can be awkward and frustrating to use and in some cases the more pages you have in your menu structure, the harder it is for visitors to quickly scan for the information they're looking for.
Adding a dropdown menu
1. Go to your Dashboard and click Manage Pages in the left hand menu.
2. Select Add dropdown menu to the right of your window
3. Click on the menu tab you would like to add a dropdown menu to. In this case, I'd like to add a dropdown menu to my SHOP tab (for the purpose of helping customers get to what they're shopping for, faster).
4. Click on Add page to dropdown, choose the page you would like to add to your dropdown menu. In this case I'd like to add my TOPS page first, so this will appear first under SHOP in my dropdown menu.
5. To add more pages to your dropdown menu, continue to select Add page to dropdown, and select each page one at a time, in the order of appearance.
6. Once you've finished adding your page links to your dropdown menu, you can rearrange the order of your pages by pulling the arrows either up or down to suit. Save your changes.
NOTE: You can go back and edit this menu by simply going back to Manage Pages, a new EDIT DROPDOWN button will appear alongside the menu page you have previously added a dropdown menu to.
Changing your dropdown menu's design
Once you've added a dropdown menu, an option will appear in Manage Pages with a link to allow you to change the look and feel of your menu design.
1. Click on the 3 dots to Change the dropdown design.
The Header & Menu tab in CHANGE DESIGN>SITEWIDE DESIGN SETTINGS will open by default.
2. Click on the 3 dots next to Header Layout. Then click on the 3 dots next to Menu Text. Under the Dropdown Menus heading you're able to change the background colour of the dropdown box and also the text colour of your dropdown menu page names.
3. Save your changes when you've finished editing.
Adding a dropdown menu link to your shop's category/filter or brand?
See our help guide on how to link a menu item to a shop category/tag/brand. Then use this help guide to link your subpages to a main menu item in a dropdown.