Rocketspark templates are a great starting point for creating your website but it's important to understand that you can easily customise your template in different ways so that your website looks very unique. You can customise your template by adding in stacks and other design features.
Here are some of the key ways you can customise your Rocketspark template:
Create your own page layout with stacks and blocks
Your template has some placeholder content but with the ability to break up the page into various columns you are not restricted to the layout of the initial template you choose. You can use a range of different stacks on the page to suit your requirements. Learn more about Rocketspark stacks and blocks.
Customise the feature area
The feature area of your website can be significantly customised to suit your requirements. Firstly add text and buttons and more images to create a slideshow. Then check out the feature area design settings to really make your site unique.
You may try:
- Repositioning the website menu below the feature area image
- Add an overlay to give all images a tint of colour or shading to make background text stand out.
- Try some different text styles for the feature area text.
- Adjust the width of your feature area text content.
- Adjust the vertical position of your feature area text content.
- Add a background colour to your feature area text content.
- Add a text shadow to your feature area text.
Check out our feature area support guide here for the full feature run down.
Customise your header area
The header area of your template (that includes your logo and navigation menu) can be customised quite significantly.
- Adjust the height of your header and the vertical position of the menu.
- Overlay your header over your feature area with a transparent background or gradient background.
- Adjust the size of your logo.
- Try a split menu template.
- Adjust the colour of your menu text (and mouse-over and current page text colours).
Customise your headings, paragraphs, buttons etc
Stack specific design options —including colour and photo backgrounds
You can also adjust the background colour of specific stacks or add a photo background to a stack, as well as adjust the top and bottom spacing, all font style options (font, colour, size etc), button style and more — specifically for that stack.
Learn how to adjust the design of specific stacks
Click on the colour wheel in your stack controls bar at the right of your page to view all of the options.
Try a different template
To see how your site looks with a different template, colour scheme or fonts click TEMPLATES in the top left. Any content that you have already added to the page will be retained. See how to change your Rocketspark template.
Try different social media icon styles
You can customise your website’s social icons to create quite a different look. Try positioning the icons in different locations and select different styles and colours. See our guide for how to change your social media design options.