To set up Google Merchant Center you'll need to verify your site with Google.
If you’re looking to link your account with any other tracking or third party scripts such as Google Tag Manager, Adwords Tracking, Facebook Audience Tracking or anything else, you’ll need to check out this support guide here.
How to add Google Merchant Center verification to your website
- You’ll need to log in to your Google Merchant account using your login details. If you've already verified your site with Google Search Console you should be able to skip to step 9.
- If you have not added your site to your account yet, this will be the first step. Click ADD A SITE. Be sure to add www. at the beginning of your domain name, and don’t use your temporary Rocketspark domain name (e.g. mywebsite.rocketspark.com) as it must be your proper domain.
- You have a few options here. If you've already set up Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager with your Rocketspark site you can connect that way, other select I have access to my server.
- Choose the Add an HTML tag to my homepage option.
- Copy the 'meta tag' which is the long code starting in "<meta name =...". This will be unique to your site.
- Go to your Rocketspark dashboard, log in using your login details and go to your Get Found (SEO) page.
- Scroll to the bottom and paste the meta tag text (from step 5) into the Custom <head> tracking code field.
- Click Save.
- Go back to the Merchant Centre Verification page and click Verify URL.
Once you have created verified your Google Merchant Centre you can set up a direct feed of product information from your Rocketspark e-commerce to your Google Merchant Centre.