We’ve found that with the Google Merchant Center verification and getting this linked to your Rocketspark website is slightly different than adding other Google verification options. This guide is specific to Google Merchant Center.
If you’re looking to link your account with any other tracking or third party script such as Google Tag Manager, Adwords Tracking, Facebook Audience Tracking or anything else, you’ll need to check out this support guide here.
How to add Google Merchant Center verification to your website
- You’ll need to login to your Google Webmaster Tools account using your login details.
- If you have not added your site to your account yet, this will be the first step. Click ADD A SITE. Being sure to add www. at the beginning of your domain name and don’t use your temporary Rocketspark domain name (e.g. mywebsite.rocketspark.com) as it must be your proper domain. This is very important.
- Click on Alternative methods.
- Choose HTML Tag option.
- Copy the meta tag which is the long code starting in "<meta name =..."
- Go to your Rocketspark dashboard, login using your login details and go to your Get Found (SEO) page.
- Scroll to the bottom and paste the meta tag text (from step 5) into the Custom <head> tracking code field.
- Click Save.
- Go back to the Merchant Centre Verification page and click Verify and Claim.
Once you have created verified your Google Merchant Centre you can set up direct feed of product information from your Rocketspark e-commerce to your Google Merchant Centre.