Can I move my existing emails to Rocketspark?Yes most likely! When you subscribe to Rocketspark we allow customers to move existing email address' to Rocketspark for the domain names that we host for you. For example if your website address is www.businessxyz.com then you may have emails like email@example.com already setup, we can migrate these to Rocketspark when we transfer your domain name to Rocketspark. You are given all the options during the upgrade steps on how you would like your emails setup.
Please note, Rocketspark doesn't include all domain types in our subscription so please check here to make sure your domain name is included. We only host email accounts for the domain names we can support. There is also a cost involved in moving emails to Rocketspark, please see below for further details.
In some situations your existing emails may be setup as POP3 and removing from the server. In which case your email history may only be present on your local computer in Outlook or Apple mail. In these situations we can't migrate your emails and you may need to engage an IT specialists to help with this.
CostingsIt does take a bit of time for us to do an email migration and there can sometimes be time consuming technical issues involved. Rocketspark charges an additional fee for each email account you require to be moved over. Please contact Rocketspark for a quote or a price is displayed during the upgrade process by clicking Upgrade Now from your Dashboard.
Why migrate? And Free alternativesWe offer the migration option to move email accounts that have a large number of emails already in their inboxes. For example if you've had a email account setup previously you could easily have 1000s of emails in this inbox and you want to keep all of this email history. With the email migration we move all the emails to the new email hosting with Rocketspark so you don't have to worry about losing any emails.
Alternatively we can setup new email accounts at Rocketspark on your website address that are new but empty. This is quite a common approach and means you don't need to go through with the email migration, perhaps if you don't have much email history this is a good option. There are ways you can migrate the emails yourself by dragging and dropping folders in your email client (Outlook, Apple Mail), but a word of caution as Rocketspark doesn't provide support for this approach.
What's requiredWe have a bit of information we need to gather from you in order to do the email migration. When requested we would usually go back to you with the following questions.
- Name of your current email hosting company. (Where the email server is)
- The email addresses you want migrated
- Passwords for each email account
- Do you access your email via a webmail (online email) service? If yes, please provide the website you visit to log in to your email.
- If you only use webmail to access your email skip to question 10.
- Incoming mail server address. If you are using Outlook, Apple Mail or email on your phone etc you will be able to find this in your email account settings. If you are just using a webmail service please provide the website address you visit to log in. If you are unsure you can check the guide here.
- Incoming mail server port number, also found in the email accounts settings. (Leave blank if not sure)
- Does your incoming mail server have SSL on or off? (Leave blank if not sure)
- Are your email accounts currently set to POP, IMAP or Exchange? (Leave blank if not sure)
- To minimise the potential for disruption to your business is there a day that best suits you for us to do this email migration?
- Are there any new email accounts that you would like to host with Rocketspark that don’t need migrating?
- Do you also have an alternative email address @gmail or @hotmail etc.. (excluding the ones we are transferring) so we can contact you during the procedure?