When you go live with a Rocketspark website, you may choose the option to bring (“migrate”) your existing email accounts over to our system which we require you to find some information in your current email settings. We'll need the following information which can be found under the section What's Required in our support guide: Moving your existing emails to Rocketspark, what information is required.
How do I find my incoming mail server settings?
One of the requirements is working out your incoming mail server address. Your incoming mail server will look something like pop3.nethost.co.nz or imap.webstermail.co.uk.
There’s two ways you can find this.
- Check your host's support guides. Your existing email host may have an online support guide that lists the incoming mail server e.g., hosting company Web Drive lists theirs in this support guide.
- Check settings in your email application. The application/program you use for email (e.g., Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook etc.) will have the incoming mail server in its account settings. Where you find those settings depends on the application you’re using.
- Click on the File tab. This will open your Account Information.
- Click on the Account Settings option. A list of email accounts will appear in the Email tab.
- Double-click the relevant email account from the list (the list may only include one account anyway). This will bring up settings information.
- Find the incoming mail server address under Server Information.
- Click on the Mail menu.
- Click on Preferences. An Accounts box will appear.
- Click on the relevant email account from the list located on the left-hand side of the window.
- Find the incoming mail server address in the Account Information tab.
Now that you’ve got the incoming mail server address, pass it on to us (along with your email address and password) and we’ll take care of the rest.