An Internet Provider Security (IPS) tag is a way that the organisation who governs .uk domains is able to give control of a domain name to a certain company. Nominet is the internet registry that governs .uk domains and requires all .uk domains to have an IPS tag associated with their domain. The tag is a label all in capital letters such as TUCOWS-CA, which is the one needed for Rocketspark.
- Log into your Rocketspark Dashboard.
- Click Domain Names in the left hand menu.
- Find the domain you are looking to transfer away, click the pencil icon to the left of the domain name.
- Click on the Transfer Code tab.
If your domain doesn't have a Transfer Code tab, please contact email@example.com to request your IPS tag change.
- Enter the IPS tag for the company your transferring your domain to and click the Set IPS Tag.
- It can take up to an hour for the IPS tag to update, after this has occurred you are able to transfer your domain to another provider.