This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your Domains4Less account:
- Log in to your account. https://www.domains4less.co.nz
- Choose my domains from the left-hand menu.
- Find your domain and click Setup.
- Click on advanced control panel, and make sure this is ticked.
- Click login to Advanced control panel.
- On the left hand menu click on Domains.
- Find the domain, and click on the blue computer screen.
- Under Name Server Settings, make sure Use Default Name Servers is selected.
- Next to the Template option, you want to be using a custom template. You could either edit the existing template file or create a new one. If you are using a custom template already you will see the link Edit Zone next to the template picker. Otherwise you'll need to Create New Zone Template.
- Fill out the template, you may need to delete the default options that are pre-populated. Enter a name, MX records, TXT records, CNAME and A records.
- Once added, go back to Domains, search for your domain and click the blue computer. Make sure your template is selected and click save.