This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your FreeParking account:
- Log in to your account. http://www.freeparking.co.nz/
- Go to the Services section.
- Click on Manage for the domain name you wish to change the Name Servers for. Then click on the Modify button in the Domain Name Servers section.
- If the nameservers are not set to Freeparking then your DNS settings are setup on a different Name Server, we would advise that you contact FreeParking in this situation.
- Click into the DNS editor. This will display the basic DNS records (A records, CNAME records, MX records)
- Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our New Zealand server.
- The TXT record is located under the Other Custom Records section.
- Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may to 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or needs further assistance, please contact the support team at FreeParking. They will be able to make these changes for you.