If you host your domain with Fasthosts and want to self-manage your domain you will need to update your domain DNS records in your Fasthosts Dashboard. This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if you have chosen to manage your own domain name during the upgrade of your website.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read our Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS settings in your FastHosts account:
- Log into your FastHosts account. https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/
- Under the Domain menu click Manage Domains.
- Select the domain name from the list that you wish to add the DNS records to.
- Click into the Configure Advanced DNS link.
- A list of DNS records will be shown. Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our UK server.
Once these settings have been saved you have successfully changed the DNS records for your domain. These changes may to 1 - 4 hours to propagate throughout the web.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or need further assistance, please contact the support team at FastHosts. They will be able to make these changes for you.