This support guide describes how to configure your domain name to point to your Rocketspark website and email hosting if your domain is self-managed with 1stDomains.
It is important that you understand the settings that you are changing. We recommend you first read Can I manage my own domain name with Rocketspark? What settings do I use? guide if you haven't already.
How to change your DNS Settings in your 1st Domains account:
- Login to your 1st Domains account. http://1stdomains.nz/
- Click 'Manage Domains & Services' and select the domain name you wish to update.
- Click 'Configure Name Servers' and make sure the Parking Status is turned ON. If this is not set to ON then your DNS settings are set up on a different Name Server. We would advise that you contact 1stdomains in this situation. If you need to turn this to ON, please allow 24 - 48 hours for the DNS change to propagate.
- Click the 'Back' button to get back to the main Domain Name Manager Screen.
- Click 'Manage DNS Zone records'
- Update the DNS records. You can find the correct IP addresses to use by visiting our support guide here. The below screenshot shows the standard configuration for our New Zealand server.
- It is also recommended to change the TTL between 30min and 1 hour. This controls how soon future updates will take effect. Make sure this is set to 1 hour and click 'Update'.
If you find that you are unable to make these changes yourself or needs further assistance, please contact the support team at 1st Domains. They will be able to make these changes for you.
Please note that these may change depending on 1stDomains. If you do note these instructions are not helping you, please feel free to let firstname.lastname@example.org know. We will be able to update the guide according, if you are having any issues with 1stDomians we suggest you get in contact with them directly.