If the new owner of the business is wanting to continue with the website there are a number of steps that you can go through to easily hand over control of the website and payments.
If the new owner is not wanting to proceed with the website you will need to follow the guide on how to cancel a Rocketspark account.
Transferring a Rocketspark Account to a New Owner
The easiest way about transferring ownership is to give the new owner access to your website dashboard and allow them to change the account details to their own.
- Show the new owner how to log in to the Rocketspark dashboard. Use your current details and show the URL that you visit to do so.
- Get the new owner to change the account details to their own. This way when we are communicating we know that the owner of the website has changed.
- Get the new owner to change the password associated with the account to their own, this can be done using the forgotten password.
- Get the new owner to change the contact details on the domain to their own (if your domain is with Rocketspark, you can do this in the Domain Names section, press the pencil beside the domain -> Contact Details. If your domain is elsewhere, you will need to get in touch with your domain provider).
- Explain to the owner what you are currently paying for in regard to your website, whether this is a hosting subscription, domain renewals, emails etc. Then update the credit card connected to the account to that of the new owner.
The other option is to add the new owner as a Team Member then make them the owner of the account through there.