When setting up a link to a page within your shop there are easy drop-down menus where you can select a category or product page to link to. However, it’s also possible to link to a brand or tag page within the shop. You can also create your own highly tailored links by going to your shop and selecting the relevant categories, filters and brands and copying the URL (website address).
These instructions apply to links from button blocks, picture blocks, or buttons inside the feature area.
- Start by visiting the page you would like to link to. You’ll need to find the address (also known as the URL) of the page, which can be found in the address bar at the top of your web browser.
- Copy the page address to your clipboard. Do this by highlighting the address and pressing CTRL-C on Windows or CMD-C on Mac.
- Go to the page where you are linking from, and create your button.
- Select Website as the type of link.
- Paste the address into the box provided and remove your domain name or Rocketspark trial website name from the URL. This is called using relative links rather than absolute links. By removing the domain name part of the link it ensures that your live site will have your proper domain name in the links and if you change domain names at some point in the future the link won’t break. See the example below.
- Save your link. Once saved, it’s a good idea to test your link and make sure it takes you to the correct page.
This same process can be applied to link to any page on your Rocketspark website.