This guide details the steps in creating a new PayPal business account to use as a payment gateway for your E-commerce shop. To read more on PayPal you can see our guide on PayPal integration here.
- Click the Sign Up button in the top right hand corner.
- Select that you would like to create a business account and click Continue.
- Enter an email address that you would like associated with your PayPal account and click Next.
- Enter your details about yourself and your business in the provided text areas, then click Accept and Continue.
- Select your business type and complete the details about your business, then click Continue.
- Answer the questions regarding the income of your business and click Continue.
- A certification screen will appear, read what you are agreeing to, enter your name and click Certify and Submit.
- A screen will be displayed thanking you for creating a PayPal account. Click the Set up payments button.
- Select the option On your website, and click Continue.
- The next page will ask how to process payments, select Process all payments, including credit and debit cards through PayPal.
- Next Select Option A and some other options will appear. Click Get your API Credentials.
- Under the heading Accept payments from your online stores before setting up APIs, click the link Enable Express Checkout.
- Select the first option, Accept PayPal payments before API permissions or credentials are set up. Then click the Submit button.
- You will then be directed to your profiles Summary page. Note: There is a button labelled Go to Setup, this is NOT needed to receive payments.
- Now your PayPal account is set up. To find out where to find the PDT and to set up PayPal payments on your website please follow the guides found below.
Setting up PayPal payment gateway
Finding Payment Transfer Token (PDT)