This guide is a smaller step of the Paypal setup process, if you haven't started from our Setting up Paypal Payments guide then please visit this first.
- If you are not still logged into PayPal go to www.paypal.com and log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the gear symbol up the top right, then click on Account Settings.
- Click on Website payments under Products & Services.
- Under Website payments, find Instant payment notifications, and click Update.
- Click the Choose IPN Settings button.
Depending on your country of residence, enter the following URL in the box labelled Notification URL, click the round button Receive IPN messages (Enabled) and then click the SAVE button
i. New Zealand & International Customers: https://paypal.rocketspark.co.nz/ipn.php
ii. Australian Customers: https://paypal.rocketsparkau.com/ipn.phpiii. United Kingdom Customers: https://paypal.rocketspark.co.uk/ipn.php
- Review the confirmation screen that appears and ensure that it says that IPN is ON and that the URL displayed is correct.
Now that your shop settings are complete you can add products to your shop and start selling.
Once your IPN number is set up you also need to set up payment data transfer to make PayPal provide payment confirmation to your website and ensure a user-friendly shopping experience for customers making purchases via a mobile phone on your Rocketspark online store. Set up your PDT now.