If you are providing helpful content that you’d like to share with prospective customers you may wish to collect an email address before providing the content to enable further follow up.
Using the auto-responder function of email marketing programs such as Campaign Monitor or Mail Chimp. With an autoresponder feature you can send an automated email when someone signs up via a form you can place on your website. The autoresponder email can provide a link to a file on your website.
Here’s how you can collect the email address:
- Create a hidden page on your website as per this guide to hide a page from your menu
- Upload your file using the Rocketspark file upload block
- Once the file is uploaded you can click on the file download button to obtain the URL (website address) of that file and copy the URL.
- Create an autoresponder in your email marketing system and place a link in the email which contains the link you copied in step 3. Each email system is different but they will provide guides in their help centre
- Add the email form to your website using a Rocketspark HTML block. The form will match the default styling of the website browser but for a small custom extra Rocketspark can style this embedded form to match the overall look of your website.
This is a bit of an extra for experts feature. It’s not overly difficult to create an autoresponder but you do need to learn how your email marketing system works.