This support guide will walk you through how to setup a downloadable link from an image or text rather than the traditional setup of a file upload button.
- Log in to your Rocketspark dashboard using your login details and click on Manage Pages. Add a page with the name File Uploads.
- Place the newly created page below the Navigation menu line, as shown in the image below to make sure that it’s not showing in your main navigation menu.
- Go to the File Upload page and add a stack. Once you have added a stack add a file upload block and select the file that you would like a customer to download via a link. If you need a hand with this process, you can follow our support guide on how to add files here.
- Right click on the file upload block and select the Copy link address option.
- We recommend pasting the link address into a text editor such as Microsoft Word so it is easy to continue with the next step. The URL will look something like this:
- Now you want to delete the first part of the URL (delete the domain in the URL, keeping everything to the right of /site_files/...). You should keep the part surrounded by the box in the image below.
- Once you have that part of the URL, copy it and return to the page with the image or text that you are wanting to link. If you are looking to add this link to an image please continue to follow the steps on our Image Link Guide. Alternatively, if you wish to link some text follow our Text Linking Guide. When it asks you to insert a URL, insert the one you got in Step 6.
You can also paste this URL in most places that accept a link, such as buttons and menu items.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a link to a downloadable file from an image or some text.