- Log into your Rocketspark Dashboard and click Editor
- Go to the page where you want to add the picture gallery
- Click Add Stack and select the Photo Gallery stack
- Click Choose Picture and select the image you'd like to add from your computer
- Continue to add images until you are finished adding to your new gallery
- Once you're done adding images, click Close Editor
The picture you upload will automatically be scaled down to fit the maximum width of the gallery. If your image is already narrower than the gallery width your image will have a light grey padding to fill the empty space.
Will my website slow down if I have a large gallery?
That does depend on how big your gallery is. Your images should be loading very fast if you have up to about 10 images in the gallery, but beyond that it is likely that your browser will need some extra time to load the remainder of the images. This is simply because the more images you add to your page, the more images your computer needs to download and display. In terms of the larger photo viewing area to the right, Rocketspark ensures that the loading time is as quick as possible by adjusting the image and file size to perfectly fit the maximum width of the thumbnail viewer, meaning the time efficiency of loading the full sized picture is the best possible.
Additionally, having a large gallery will NOT affect the loading time of the rest of the page. So you can still place a massive gallery at the beginning of the page to capture your visitor’s attention. However if a particular visitor has a slow internet download speed they will still be able to browse the rest of the content further down the page while they wait for the gallery to finish loading, since text loads astronomically faster than pictures.