See who is visiting your website using Google Analytics
Google Analytics is the tool you use to understand how many people are visiting your website and provides some really insightful information about your customers. With Rocketspark you can also link your Google analytics account with your Rocketspark account to view a visitor summary and graph right in your dashboard.
For advice on how to increase traffic to your site we recommend you read our Rocketspark guide to search engine optimisation.
Its easy to setup Google Analytics
Rocketspark makes setting up Google Analytics very easy. There are three main setup steps:
- Set up your own Google Analytics account.
- Tell Google which site you want to analyse and Google will give you a Tracking ID.
- Paste the Tracking ID into your Rocketspark website
Step by step instructions
1. Go to www.google.com/analytics
2. Click on Sign in, or if you are already signed in, click Access Google Analytics
3. If you don’t already have a Google account (if you don’t use gmail/googlemail) click ‘Sign up’. If you already have a Google account go to step 6.
4. Enter your details in the Google accounts form to create your Google Account
5. You will be sent an email by Google to verify that your email address is correct. Click on the link provided by Google to verify your account. Be sure to check your junk mail/spam folders if you can’t find the email from Google.
6. Sign into your Google Account
7. Click the 'Sign up' button to set up Google Analytics.
8. First, select that you would like to track a website, select Classic Analytics, then enter the details of your Rocketspark website & Industry Category and click continue
Website Name = The name of your business or organisation
Website URL = Your website address e.g. www.yourcompany.co.nz.
Also, change your timezone to match your area, then click Get Tracking ID
10. Your page will now look like the image below. This contains your Tracking ID, which you will need later. Open a new window in your internet browser, go to your own website and log in to your Rocketspark dashboard.
Please don’t close the Google analytics page as you will return to it in a few steps.
11.On your Rocketspark Dashboard, click the “SETUP WEBSITE STATISTICS” button, then click the “Yes” button in the popup.
12. The box below will appear. Because you have followed the instructions above, you have already setup a Google Analytics account, click yes
13. From your Google Analytics page, copy your Tracking ID to the box on your Rocketspark Dashboard. Then click Continue, Link your account.
14. The below page will appear. Click Allow Access
15. Select your website name, and click Link Analytics.
16. If all successful, you will see the message below. Just click continue.
Google can take up to 24 hours to start providing data in your report. You will then be able to view a visitor graph and overview when you are logged in to your Rocketspark dashboard.